We offer commercial property and residential property services both as part of your business acquisitions and disposals and, also, as a stand-alone bespoke service.
We advise on the property aspects of asset and share purchases and disposals including:
- carrying out due diligence on freehold and leasehold premises used for the business;
- advising on contract terms and risk management in relation to the property;
- dealing with the transfer of the property and post completion matters including stamp duty land tax and registration at the Land Registry.
Bespoke property services
We also advise on acquisitions and disposals of freehold or leasehold commercial property or residential property for our clients, acting for landlords or tenants in granting and assigning commercial leases and ancillary documents such as rent deposit deeds, licences to assign, alter or sublet, acting for developers and landowners in acquisition or disposal of land for development including options and conditional contracts.
We charge on an hourly basis for providing property services. As the range of property services is so wide, in order to obtain an estimate of fees for your matter please contact us in the first instance. However, our minimum fee for dealing with property matters is £2000 plus VAT. The additional costs that we charge are (where applicable):
- £30 plus VAT for each bank transfer fee
- £20 plus VAT for carrying out anti money laundering checks against each entity
Disbursements will depend on whether you are selling/granting a lease or buying/taking a lease and the value but include: searches, title documents, Stamp Duty Land Tax, Land Registry fee and, if leasehold, leasehold information pack fee and landlord registration fee.