Sally is an insightful and wise guide through the legal maze. She is an excellent lawyer and a tenacious negotiator. Like all the best lawyers, you want Sally on your side.
We advise clients right through the business life cycle. This extends from start-up and first round finance, to private equity investment, through to mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, development funding, and exits by sale or listing.
We have experience of working on all types of deals, large and small, from cross-border acquisitions to early stage technology financings.
Recent examples of our work include a cross-border sale with a deal value of US$83 million and the acquisition of founder-owned businesses for values ranging from £1 million to £15 million. We are currently advising both a start-up company developing an app and looking to expand through acquisition and an international listed overseas company on its inward expansion plans for the UK.
We also advise on a whole range of other corporate issues including:
- Company formation and constitution (including advice on the most appropriate choice of legal structure for your needs);
- General company administration and shareholder meetings, including reviewing your annual report and accounts, preparing for and running your AGM, notices of meetings and annual filings at Companies House;
- Share capital, including share rights, conversion rights, share options, declaration of dividends, redemption and transfer of shares or other securities, and maintenance of capital;
- Directors’ duties, conflicts of interest, and transactions and arrangements with directors, including directors’ indemnification;
- Corporate restructurings, capital reductions, shareholder agreements and joint ventures;
- Shareholder activism, including unfair prejudice, derivative actions and class rights.